ETHOS OF THE SCHOOL
Proud of where we come from. Proud of where we're going.
We believe that school must be a happy and safe environment. Children, staff and parents must feel confident and feel a sense of belonging. Each child will be encouraged to become independent and responsible, taking an active part in his or her own learning. Emphasis will be placed on the development of self-discipline and personal organisation.
Our school is committed to develop in children a caring nature, responsive to other people's needs; to respect others, whatever their colour or creed; to work in co-operation developing tolerance and understanding - thus reinforcing a child's spiritual, moral, cultural and social development.
Mallard Primary School promotes high achievement and learning for life by working with children to
- become highly motivated lifelong learners
- be flexible and adaptable for the modern world
- develop lively enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
- have high self esteem, respecting themselves, others and the environment
- be able to work independently and collaboratively
- achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
- become confident with technology
- challenge themselves to do well
- develop social skills
- develop their creativity and unlock their creative potential
- be able to enjoy school and make friends
We believe that each child will succeed through experiencing quality in
- a broad and challenging curriculum
- an enriching programme of extra-curricular activities and visits
- a stimulating learning environment
- a rich up to date range of learning resources
- innovative teaching and an investigative approach to learning
- learning partnerships between school, home and the community